Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Best Asset?
or
I'm Famous . . . On The Internet


Back in my early 20's I performed in a video for a website called Tonguefetish.net. I was paid 50 bucks for my trouble, and I promptly forgot about it.

Five years later, a friend told me that my video was on Reddit, and people were going nuts over it. She sent me the link, and sure enough, it was there, though not in its original form. Someone had taken the time to make a moving .gif from the video clip, and THAT is what people were commenting on.

I read through all the comments, basking in the positive attention (especially the Franka Potente and Leeloo references). Towards the bottom of the page, I noticed that someone had posted a youtube link. With trepidation, I clicked it. Someone had posted my video clip on youtube about a year ago. Since then, it has gotten over 106,000 views. What. The. Fuck. That's over 300 views EVERY SINGLE DAY SINCE IT WAS POSTED.

I have to say, I'm rather flattered.

The thing is, what do I do from here? Should I make my own tongue website? There has to be a way to profit from this.

Anyone have any ideas?

2 comments:

Instantiable said...

I'm sure plenty of people have plenty of ideas for that tongue.

Unfortunately, I doubt many of these people's ideas lead to profit on your part.

TheSoberPoet said...

Can you balance things on it? I'm sure there's an America's Got Talent slot you could fill. And even if you don't go further than one TV episode, getting that on international television would open doors...
...And many more "I know what I'd do with that tongue..." comments from bottom dwellers.